*Check out my Card-Making Tips at the bottom of this page!
|Garden Gate and Rounded Card|
General Card-Making Tips
Useful tips when assembling different elements of a card.
- Adhering Bows: I find it easiest to use "Pop Up Glue Dots" to adhere bows to the front of cards (I cut each dot in half, and then stretch it to the length of the bow). They are very adhesive, without the mess of glue or the often weakness of tape.
- Adhering Flat pieces of ribbon: Definitely invest in the "X" sticker maker (see "My Favorite Tools"). It not only makes any texture of ribbon a sticker, but it is fool proof in sticking to the card for good. Very reliable.
- Background images/papers: Definitely try to use tape. Although glue is less expensive, tape provides a flat background, which is essential.
- Skinny letters or diecuts: Unfortunately, you have to use glue here; one with a pointed application tip. Using glue on skinny objects can require some patience on your end, and also exact placement at the first try. But they truly add detail to your projects.
- When you design a custom card body, be sure you can make an envelope for it if needed!