May 5, 2012

Thanks (a little bit country)

I really like this country-feeling color palette. The card ended feeling pretty thick because of all the layers, but since only one layer was patterned, I believe I achieved my desired overall look.
  • Although usually I buy paper in single sheets, the bonus to buying stacks is that they typically come with coordinating colors. The floral pattern came in a stack called "The Linen Closet" by DCWV, and it came with the similar shade of blue.
  • The embossed flower was made from a cuttlebug (small) embossing folder set called "flowers". The "thanks" was cut using the cricut.
  • Almost everything was edged with brown distress ink, again for that country feel. The brown middle section was also distressed using Tim Holtz's handheld distressing tool (which makes the paper look slightly worn or ripped).

No comments:

Post a Comment