May 28, 2012

Thank Yous with Doilies

Again, this background paper is a print I'm really loving right now. It works well being paired both with white or with cream, and it also takes nicely to brown distress ink. The top card's "thank you" was cut from my previous post (great way to save paper!), while the bottom two were stamped on. As I mentioned in yesterday's posting, be sure you have multiple doilies on hand when making cards with them. I had to stamp several different times before I got a centered word. TIP: Something that may seem obvious (but took me a few tries to realize!) is that you should stamp your word on the doily BEFORE gluing it onto the card, this way you can rotate the doily to where the saying looks most centered. I've also discovered that using two doilies instead of one really helps the design. The white is bolder when you use two, but using only one looks more delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment