August 11, 2014

Beach Wedding Card

This wedding card was made for dear friends of ours, marrying in Hawaii. Although the colors didn't obviously say "wedding", they do say beach - which I believed was fitting for this special occasion. 

  • I use my sand product so sparingly since I can't seem to find it anymore, but it must certainly be used on beach projects! The sand comes in a small container (wet inside), and I use my fingers to rub it where desired. It takes only a few minutes to completely dry firmly in its place.
  • The seashells were from an 11-pieces set from Jolee's by You set called "Shell", and the sand dollar was from a Martha Stewart punch.
  • The ribbon is similar to burlap ribbon, and I used foam tape to elevate the seashells on the card.
  • My only complaint was that I didn't ensure that the envelope would easily fit the card. The card has so much dimension, it was a very tight fit into the blue envelope. Be sure to add 1/4" when making envelopes for 3-D cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment